Springtime Clearout Auction Declutter & raise money for charity

0

Do you come across quality items during your Spring clear-out that could raise money for charity? Would you like to pick up some quality bargains?

The Abergavenny Ladies’ Business Association (ALBA) is offering readers the chance to get rid of their quality clutter and bid for bargains at an auction that will raise money for Parkinson’s UK and Cancer Research Wales.

ALBA and its charity auctioneer, Anna Roberts, are asking you to bring your items along to the King’s Arms, Abergavenny, on Wednesday 18th April, 2018 for an evening where you will buy and sell for a good cause.

Those who have nothing to sell are welcome to attend because to raise money for charity we need buyers as well as sellers.

Last year’s event raised £700. Paul Jackson-Clark, Director of Fundraising at Parkinson’s UK, said: “As the UK’s Parkinson’s charity we’re leading the way to find better treatments and ultimately a cure, but our work wouldn’t be possible with the generosity of supporters like the Abergavenny Women’s Business Association.”

Participants will be recycling and raising money for charity at the same time. ALBA has raised thousands for pounds for charity since its inception and two previous auctions have raised over £1,400.

Items must be in good condition and full working order where applicable and goods that sell well are: antiques, small electricals, ornaments, books, jigsaws, pictures, picture frames, vouchers for services, unopened toiletry gift sets, hats & scarves although this list is not exhaustive.

The Springtime Clearout Auction is at The King’s Arms (back room), 29 Nevill St, Abergavenny NP7 5AA on Wednesday 18 th April, 2018 from 5.30 to 7.30pm.

Tickets can be bought at the door. Entry is £6, which includes a glass of wine, a beer or a soft drink. 70% of the profits from the tickets and proceeds from the auction will go to Parkinson’s UK. The other 30% will go to ALBA’s charity of the year, Cancer Research, Wales. The King’s Arms is kindly providing the venue free of charge for this charity event.

Items for sale can be dropped off at EH Accountancy in the lead up to the auction: 1 Horsington’s Yard, Lion St, Abergavenny NP7 5PN (01873 853368) or they can be brought along on the night from 5pm.

Please note that we will not be accepting clothes or shoes for sale.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Share.

About Author

Founder of Abergavenny Now and History graduate from Bath Spa University. I was born in Abergavenny and have lived there for most of my life.

Leave A Reply