We’re very happy to announce you can add your very own events and activities to our Abergavenny Now calendar for everyone to see!
You can now add events by clicking on the green “+Post your event” button here. For a guide read the full article below.
If you are submitting a recurring event please follow the instructions below to submit the first occurrence of that event, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how many times your event will repeat.
To make it a great listing, you’ll need as much info about your event as possible. That includes…
1. The event title. Be sure to follow this with the type of event this is so people can get a good idea of what it’s about.
2. The date when it takes place and the date it finishes along with a start and end time. Remember if your event goes on past midnight, you need to list it as finishing the next day.
3. The venue. No matter how great your event, no one will turn up if they don’t know where it is.
4. The address. Please also tick the box on the right-hand side that says ‘include map’ and Google Maps will pinpoint your party so everyone can find it easily.
5. Add a category. This will help users find your event easily.
6. Add some tags. We suggest using the name of the venue, the type of event, maybe the group too.
7. Add a description. Let everyone know exactly how great your event is going to be!
8. Add an image. This could be a flyer or a picture, a logo and so on Please make sure this is an image document (such as jpg or png) and not a PDF. Please also ensure you are not using a copyrighted image.
We’ll then get an alert to review and publish your event on Abergavenny Now so that everyone who visits our website can see your listing.