We’re very happy to announce you can add your very own events and activities to our Abergavenny Now calendar for everyone to see!
To add your own event to our listings just click on the ‘Events‘ tab in the website menu and click on the green button at the top right of the calendar that says ‘Post Your Event‘.
The next thing you’ll see is a pop up screen where you can add all the information about your activity or social event in or around Abergavenny.
To make it a great listing, you’ll need as much info about your event as possible. That includes…
1. The event title. Be sure to follow this with the type of event this is so people can get a good idea of what it’s about.
2. The date it takes place and the date it finishes along with a start and end time. Remember if your event goes on past midnight, you need to list it as finishing the next day.
3. The venue. No matter how great a your event, no one will turn up if they don’t know where it is.
4. The address. Please also tick the box on the right hand side that says ‘include map’ and Google Maps will pin point your party so everyone can find it easily.
5. Add a Category. This will help users find your event easily.
6. Add some tags. We suggest using the name of the venue, the type of event, maybe the group too.
7. Add a description. Let everyone know exactly how great your event is going to be!
8. Add additional details. These should definitely include the cost or ‘FREE’ if its free. You can also add a ticket link, a link to your own website, a contact phone number and email address if you want to.
9. Add an image. This could be a flyer or a picture, a logo and so on.
10. Submit your event by pressing the big green button that says ‘Submit Event’
We’ll then get an alert to review and publish your event on Abergavenny Now so that everyone who visits our website can see your listing.
It’s really that simple… Give it a go and let us know how you find it.