Welcome to our organisation spotlight on Suitcase Theatre Company. Suitcase is an amateur theatre group, based at the Melville Centre. It aims to stage at least two major performances per year, usually in the autumn and the early summer. The group was created at the start of 2014 and has so far presented the following productions:
• Lilies on the Land, a piece of documentary theatre devised by the Lion’s Part, about the Women’s Land Army in World War Two (performances in June 2014 at the Melville Theatre and Cwmyoy Memorial Hall)
• The Secret Agent, a dramatisation of the novel by Joseph Conrad (performances in November 2014 at the Melville Theatre)
• The Shakespeare Revue, a revue comprising sketches and songs on the subject of the Bard (performances in June 2015 at the Melville Theatre, Cwmyoy Memorial Hall and Talgarth Town Hall)
• Henry V, William Shakespeare’s classic history play, in a collaborative production with Rareseed Theatre (performances in October/November 2015 at the Melville Theatre)
• The Government Inspector, a new version of the comedy by Nikolai Gogol (performances in April 2016 at the Melville Theatre)
Suitcase Theatre Company is currently rehearsing Picasso’s Women by Brian McAvera, with performances scheduled for October 2016 at the Melville Theatre, The Guild Hall in Brecon and The Market Theatre, Ledbury.
If you are interesting in joining the group, contact William Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are always happy to welcome new members who have an interest in creating theatre or who wish to get involved in backstage or technical theatre.
The Secret Agent
The Shakespeare Revue
The Government Inspector